Sunday, June 29, 2014

Each time I go to pray, and seek God’s direction in the ministry; the Lord gives me three words… I have called you. That’s it!
     When I’m done in Omaha, my internship is up, and I’m headed into the vast unknown places of ministry, feeling like there is no way I can be a local director. When it’s too much to bear, I pour out my heart before God and He says… “I have called you.”
      I cry out to Him and wonder how a person so young, inadequate and unworthy could possibly be thrust into such a high position of leadership, I tell Him I cannot do this. Why didn’t He pick someone else!? And again He whispers “I have called you.” I wonder if I’ll make it. Once more it echoes loud and clear I have called you. The days I feel like I want to give up, the mountain simply too high to climb, He pulls me up and says “I have called you.” I wonder what people are saying behind my back and all of the things I must surely be doing wrong and He says, “Amy! I have called YOU.”
    That seems to be the only thing I need to know. Despite my mistakes, my shortcomings, my inadequacies, my problems, my fears, my doubts, He has chosen to use me.
     I must trust that my Lord will be faithful to accomplish His will in and through my life. I have nothing to fear. Nothing to doubt. Nothing to question. He has called me and even though I don’t even know where I will live, how the bills are going to be paid, or what on earth I’m doing, God knows. He has a perfect plan that will work together for my good and His glory. I can trust Him completely. For faithful is He that called you who also will do it.
     I have called you. And since He has called me He has also taken care of everything I need to serve and follow Him faithfully. Not one thing has been left out or forgotten by my loving Lord. I must take one step of faith at a time and trust that underneath me are the everlasting arms to uphold me and keep me from falling.
     I must step out in faith. Even if the ONLY thing I’m sure of, and makes any kind of sense, is that I’m exactly where God wants me.
     I have called you. And with that comes the all-sufficiency of Christ… that is enough. That IS all I need to know and I will trust Him even though I know nothing else.

“What have I to dread, what have I to fear?

Leaning on the everlasting arms!”

No comments:

Post a Comment